The Legendary Beverly House is located on a 6 flat acres atop a private knoll 3 blocks from Sunset Boulevard and the architect Gordon Kaufmann was commissioned to create this legendary masterpiece.
The H-shaped residence exhibits a perfect combination of Spanish and Italian style, with intricately carved ceilings and paneled walls, French doors, balconies, arched ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows, which overlook the famous cascading waterfalls to the pool and the Venetian columns beyond the pool house.
The Beverly House was built for the banker executive Milton Getz, and Marion Davies bought the property, in 1946, for William Randolph Hearst.
The main level includes a 50 foot entry hall with loggia, a living room with 22 foot high arched and detailed ceilings, and the famed library with hand carved woodwork and staircase leading to second story wrap-around balcony and bookshelves. The billiard room contains herringbone parquet floors and a massive carved stone fireplace mantle from San Simeon. There is also a formal dining room, breakfast room, and family room with outdoor terrace accommodating up to 400 for sit-down dining.